Sun & Moon Slot Review
The Mayan civilization is long gone by now, but the heights of its success make it a fascinating topic to date. The Maya are often used as a theme for slot machine games, and Aristocrat delivers its interpretation of civilization with the Sun and Moon slot machine. Out of the many things Mayans are famous for, worshipping an array of gods is the practice they most commonly followed. Aristocrat singles out the Sun and Moon gods from the pantheon to develop a theme based on them.
According to cultural legends, the Sun and Moon were lovers until the latter betrayed the former, which is why they rule the sky at different times of the day. This slot game focuses on their power, reflecting up to 50 free spins and up to 500 times the total bet for a single combination.
Sun and Moon Slot became a hit among Australian gamblers in brick-and-mortar casinos and quickly drew in an influx of new fans when it was converted for online casinos. The pokie features the unmistakable visuals of an Aristocrat title that are inspired by classic video slots. The game’s five reels stand independently with the 20 bet lines that run across labels on each side of the screen.
The columns’ soft brown tint acts as an ideal backdrop for the colourful characters that appear from poker face cards to temples and emblems. The playing card symbols do look out of place alongside the theme-oriented icons. The screen background features a deep blue shade that transitions into a night sky above dotted with stars and the moon shining bright at the top right corner.
Appeasing the Gods
Sun and Moon slot machine is built around the standard gameplay procedure used in all Aristocrat pokies. The betting procedure accommodates stakes of between 0.05 and 100 credits. The layout of the fields used for this procedure is as follows:
- LINES – changes the number of active play lines between one and twenty. Only the active paylines are marked on the grid.
- BET PER LINE – chooses the stake to place on each line between 0.05 and 5 credits.
- TOTAL BET – shows the total wager that can be as high as 100 credits.
- WIN – indicates the payout value of any round with winning combos.
- PLAY – starts the spinning of reels.
- (-) and (+) – activate autoplay which supports up to 100 rounds.
The customary gameplay procedure in Sun and Moon online slot is accompanied by standard payouts as well. The slot machine broke into the scene before Aristocrat’s famed REEL POWER feature existed, which is a significant feature that players should note. Also, this is one of the developer’s few slots that do not offer a gamble feature.
The game’s winnings are:
- Paytable: Sun and Moon slot game uses bright icons on its reels to award wins when they create combinations on active bet lines. Depending on the icon, the appearance of at least two or three similar ones on a payline from the left grants a credit payout. The static values displayed on the paytable are multiplied by the line bet when activated. The wins are as follows:
|Symbol||Wins for Two||For Three||For Four||For Five|
|Mixed sun and moon icons||N/A||100||250||500|
Sun and Moon slot pays from left to right with the first symbol on the leftmost reel. Each time a bet line is activated, it lights up and indicates the value of the symbols. Only the most valuable cluster counts. Any malfunction during gameplay voids the provision of these wins.
- Wild scatters: The Sun and Moon slot game deviates from using only separate icons for the wild and scatter. Both the sun and moon symbols can play the wild and scatter. As the wilds, these icons can replace all others on the paytable to complete payout combos, including each other. The awarded wins are multiplied by the total wager rather than the lie bet. As mixed scatters, the items pay 2, 20, and 50 coins for three to five of them on adjacent reels. The characters’ paytable wins of up to 1000 times the line stake apply when they land on play lines.
- Free spins: The sun and moon scatters in Sun and Moon slot also gift free spins when they are in view. Two, three, four, and five of the characters provide 5, 10, 20, and 50 freebies. The triggering symbols can be mixed or one of a kind. The stake and win lines used in the triggering round apply to the freebies. All wins awarded in the free games are multiplied by two. The feature retriggers when the required scatters appear again on adjacent reels. There is no limit applied to the number of free spins that can be awarded.
Free and Real-Money Slots
Sun and Moon Slot offers players two versions to please their needs looking for both free and real-money versions. The free version runs on affiliate sites and casinos associated with Aristocrat while the real-money version is only launchable in the casinos connected with Aristocrat. Sun and Moon pokie remains similar in both modes for the gameplay and winnings. The version that uses actual money is available to activate using bonuses as well in some gaming sites.
Sun and Moon Slot may be visually outdated, but it receives updates regularly to meet other modern needs. The pokie machine is accessible on smartphones in instant-play mode like desktop computers and across a range of operating systems.
Sun and Moon slot machines don’t have too much to swoon over except for the fact that it is a popular classic. Nonetheless, the free spins feature is entertaining once landed due to the sizeable nature of the packages. The game is also appealing to both low and high rollers with a wide betting range.